Wednesday, May 30, 2012

An Unexpected Gift

A few weeks ago I asked my mom as well as my husbands for handwritten copies of recipes from our grandmothers for a future project.  My mom didn't have any from my Grandma Mary (dad's mom) so she had me ask an aunt.  I know copying and emailing isn't possible for everyone so I  wasn't too shocked when she asked for my address.  I was, however, brought to tears when I received her package.  This is what was in it...



I'm sorry, I know it's blurry.  But that's about how it looked to me through the tears.  Along with the recipe book my Grandma Mary put together when she was still living on the farm with her parents (1940s) my aunt Susan sent my grandparent's wedding portrait and this picture of my Grandmother taken shortly before she was married.  This photo is in it's original frame just as I remember it.  I believe it always sat on top of my Grandpa Jim's dresser.  Here's a better shot of it along with the recipe book...



My girls and I are looking forward to trying these recipes.  Many of them have personal notes about my grandma's mom, like how she does this or that. There are some things I'm not familiar with (spry?  I think it must be like butter) but we will try them and then maybe update a few of them.  If my girls allow it I will share a few here.  This is truly such a treasure..no pot of gold could rival it!♥
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment